Political and sOcial awareness on Water EnviRonmental challenges (POWER) is an EIP Water Action Group related project pioneering the DSP approach to share the knowledge and experience of water scarcity, security, quality and water consumption-related issues in different EU local authorities, thus creating an important tool for EU water policy.
POWER project has been financed under the H2020-ICT10c-2015 Call. With a budget of 3.747.937,50€ for 48 months of activities, from December 2015 to November 2019, the Project will set up a user-driven Digital Social Platform (DSP) for the expansion and governance of POWER existing water networks.
POWER will: increase the transnational municipal network effect by facilitating unrestricted communication and community involvement and by creating collective intelligence on ways of addressing urban climate change mitigation and adaptation, targeting water related concerns; influence related policy planning and decisions and expand related socially innovative behaviour.
POWER consortium comprises a total of 12 Partners, including 4 research institutions dealing with environmental, social and governance issues, 2 innovation SMEs[Ae1] , 2 European organisations, 4 Key Demonstration Cities:
1. De Montfort University – Coordinator (United Kingdom)
2. Consortium Ubiquitous Technologies – CUBIT Scarl (Italy)
3. Fundació CTM Centre Tecnològic CTM (Spain)
4. KWR Water B.V. (The Netherlands)
5. European Institute for Participatory Media EV (Germany)
6. Climate Alliance – Klima Buendnis – Alianza del Clima EV (Germany)
7. Universiteit Utrecht (The Netherlands)
8. Leicester City Council (United Kingdom)
9. Aggregate Formula Lda – Baseform (Portugal)
10. Hagihon Company Ltd – Jerusalem Region Water Utility (Israel)
11. Milton Keynes Council (United Kingdom)
12. Companyia d’aigues de Sabadell SA (Spain)
POWER is supported by over 50 “EIP Water – City Blueprint” and “NetwercH20″ follower cities. [Ae2]